- Promote nursing in palliative care and be part of the Ontario voice of nurses working in palliative care. Create opportunities for outreach to get to know our members, their expertise, what they want from PCNIG and what they can contribute.
- Raise awareness about palliative care, dispel associated myths and collaborate with other bodies: Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) on common issues where a strong united voice is required. Collaborate with other pertinent interest groups/affiliations/organizations.
- Define Palliative Care as it is today – evolving, many different ideas, not just dying but living – to educate and advocate for people and their identified families needing palliative care, define the role of Nursing and Palliative Care in society, influence the broader community supporting the development of a compassionate society. Find ways to take the Palliative Care philosophy out to our members, the nursing community, colleagues and inter-professional practitioners.
- We have a very vibrant executive, well connected to their membership, a good social media presence, a current informative website, and we have filled the positions that are vacant and expanded our membership.
- We have a solid mandate, the support of RNAO, we have keen, knowledgeable, connected board members, and collaboration and communication mechanisms in place to fulfill our mandate.
- We have a new lease on our mission, new leadership, we intend to keep things moving, build momentum and fulfill our mandate, invigorate and boost Board leadership and partnerships, fill positions, enhance members involvement with communications, education, opportunities, and connections with other organizations involved with palliative care and related issues.
"Palliative care is everyone's business."