Cost of interest group: $20 for RNs, NPs, CNSs; & free for B.Sc.N. students.
Please note: if you "login" to "MyRNAO", you will have access to way more information about us - RNIG.
=========================== 2 ==
The Rainbow Nursing Interest Group (RNIG), an interest group of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario, was co-founded by Jean Clipsham and Dianne Roedding in 2007.
RNIG values evidence-informed, inclusive, reflective, respectful, safe and supportive care and environments for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
RNIG envisions every space a positive space.
To foster and advocate for nursing practice and environments that support people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
- to support the 2SLGBTQi + community;
- to increase visibility of our association.
to challenge invisibility and silencing faced by 2SLGBTQi + (Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual and Ally) people;
to facilitate evidence-informed nursing care that reflects the needs of 2SLGBTQi + clients;
To advocate for 2SLGBTQi + clients, significant others, friends, and family members, and provide resources, support and knowledge for registered nurses, their communities, and each other.
The story behind our RNIG-Rainbow design:
Lively, colourful: the rainbow represents pride; RN to represent Rainbow Nursing and can also be associated with Registered Nurse;
Overlapping pink/blue represents the continuum of gender roles and sexual orientation;
All the letters touching represents the idea of inclusion.
Cost of interest group: $20 for RNs, NPs, CNSs; – free for B.Sc.N. students.
RNIG - Rainbow Provincial President:
- Shelley Evans (she / her) Rainbow.RNIG@gmail.com
RNIG Executive Team (ENO):
- President-Elect - Sarah Thornley (she / her )
- Past-President - Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Policy and Political Action – Roya Haghiri-Vijeh (she / her).
- Communications - Elizabeth Straus (she / her / they / them )
- Secretary – John Edwards (he / him).
- Finances – Linda Holm (she / her).
- Membership – Sarah Thornley (she / her )
- Social Media – Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Workplace Liaison – Kieran Thiara (he / him).
- B.Sc.N. Student Liaison – Alex Jackowski (she / her).
RNAO - RNIG-Rainbow Position Statement
-June 2021 link-here
2SLGBTQi + Best Practice Guideline. BPG. June 26, 2021. Info-here
BPG – June 2021 - Available here. Free PDF version.
RNAO & RNIG-Rainbow nursing. Launching the 2SLGBTQi+ Saturday, June 26, 2021. Best Practice Guideline - BPG —> YouTube link
Last updated: Sept. 2022