Cost of interest group: $20 and free for B.Sc.N. students.
Please note: if you "login" to "MyRNAO", you will have access to way more information about us - RNIG.
RNIG - Annual General Meeting AGM
Saturday, August 20*, 2022 - see our Annual report posted on the AGM section & here
Check the RNAO InFocus page
2SLGBTQi+ community- June 2022… here
The Rainbow Nursing Interest Group (RNIG), an interest group of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario, was founded in 2007.
RNIG values evidence-informed, inclusive, reflective, respectful, safe and supportive care and environments for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
RNIG envisions every space a positive space.
To foster and advocate for nursing practice and environments that support people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
- to support the 2SLGBTQi+ community;
- to increase visibility of our association.
to challenge invisibility and silencing faced by 2SLGBTQi+ (Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual and Ally) people;
to facilitate evidence-informed nursing care that reflects the needs of 2SLGBTQi+ clients;
To advocate for 2SLGBTQi+ clients, significant others, friends, and family members, and provide resources, support and knowledge for registered nurses, their communities, and each other.
The story behind our RNIG design:
Lively, colourful: the rainbow represents pride; RN to represent Rainbow Nursing and can also be associated with Registered Nurse;
Overlapping pink/blue represents the continuum of gender roles and sexual orientation;
All the letters touching represents the idea of inclusion.
Cost of interest group: $20 for RNs, NPs, CNSs; – free for B.Sc.N. students.
RNIG - Provincial President:
- Shelley Evans (she / her).
RNIG Executive Team (ENO):
- Past-President - Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Policy and Political Action – Roya Haghiri-Vijeh (she / her).
- Communications / Secretary – John Edwards (he / him).
- Finances – Linda Holm (she / her).
- Membership – Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Social Media – Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Workplace Liaison – Kieran Thiara (he / him).
- B.Sc.N. Student Liaison (2) – Dominic Stewart (he / him) & Alex Jackowski (she / her).
Last updated: Sept. 2022