Cost of interest group: $20 for RNs, NPs, CNSs; & free for B.Sc.N. students.
Please note: if you "login" to "MyRNAO", you will have access to way more information about us - RNIG.
By renewing your membership….
RNIG - Provincial President:
- Shelley Evans (she / her).
RNIG Executive Team (ENO):
- President-Elect - Sarah Thornley (she / her )
- Past-President - Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Policy and Political Action – Roya Haghiri-Vijeh (she / her).
- Communications - Elizabeth Straus (she / her / they / them )
- Secretary – John Edwards (he / him).
- Finances – Linda Holm (she / her).
- Membership – Sarah Thornley (she / her )
- Social Media – Paul-André Gauthier (he / him // il / lui).
- Workplace Liaison – Kieran Thiara (he / him).
- B.Sc.N. Student Liaison – Alex Jackowski (she / her).
RNIG - Annual General Meeting AGM
Saturday, August 12, 2023. 10:00 AM - report here
The Rainbow Nursing Interest Group (RNIG), an interest group of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario, was founded in 2007.
RNIG values evidence-informed, inclusive, reflective, respectful, safe and supportive care and environments for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
RNIG envisions every space a positive space.
- To foster and advocate for nursing practice and environments that support people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
- to support the 2SLGBTQi+ community;
- to increase visibility of our association.
to challenge invisibility and silencing faced by 2SLGBTQi+ (Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual and Ally) people;
to facilitate evidence-informed nursing care that reflects the needs of 2SLGBTQi+ clients;
To advocate for 2SLGBTQi+ clients, significant others, friends, and family members, and provide resources, support and knowledge for registered nurses, their communities, and each other.
The story behind our RNIG design:
Lively, colourful: the rainbow represents pride; RN to represent Rainbow Nursing and can also be associated with Registered Nurse;
Overlapping pink/blue represents the continuum of gender roles and sexual orientation;
All the letters touching represents the idea of inclusion.
Sunday, June 25, 2023. Pride Parade Toronto.
Please, meet at the corner of Church and Charles Streets at 12:30 P.M. - there is a grassy area on the north side of the street that we will gather. We will walk over to the registration area at 1 PM (near Ted Rogers and Church Street).
2SLGBTQi+ Health Hub
Applications must be received by Monday, May 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file
named as follows: “2023_LastName(s)_FirstName(s)”.
Letters of Support must also be received by Monday, May 15th to email@example.com
see more information here
Check the RNAO InFocus page
2SLGBTQi+ community- June 2022… here
Last updated: July. 2023