Happy New Year!
Over the past two years, the OntWIG executive has been strategically engaging in events to connect with our interdisciplinary colleagues as part of our effort to increase membership in all professions.
The OntWIG executive team meets for all day planning sessions on a quarterly basis to continue to set direction and work on ideas brought forward by the membership during the Annual Symposium.
2019 Highlights & Events:
- February: National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel Annual Conference
- April: RNAO Annual General Meeting and receipt of award for “Interest Group of the Year”
- 9th Annual OntWIG Symposium in Burlington Ontario
- May: Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Conference
- May: Ontario Society of Chiropodists Spring Conference
- June: Biopsy, Suture and Debridement course facilitated by Laura Teague and Valerie Winberg through University of Toronto
- September: Nurse Practitioners of Ontario Annual Conference
- October: Wounds Canada Conference
As we begin 2020, it is our hope that each of you will continue on this journey with us. Health Quality Ontario continues to work on new quality standards as well as the implementation of the existing wound care standards and values the engagement of OntWIG membership in the process.
Mark your calendars for the 10th Annual Symposium:
April 24, 2020
ENGAGE.ALIGN.INFLUENCE. Wound Policy and the Quadruple Aim
If there is an interprofessional event in your region that you feel OntWIG should be engaged in, please reach out and let us know about it!
Looking forward to influencing policy in 2020,
Valerie Winberg NP