The Ontario PeriAnesthesia Nurses Association (OPANA) is a specialty organization dedicated to promoting quality care for our patients and their families in the perianesthesia environment. We promote education, research and standards of perianesthesia nursing practice. We are a professional voice for perianesthesia nurses on issues affecting nursing practice and patient care.
OPANA members enjoy annual provincial conferences, regional education workshops, twice yearly newsletters, as well as bursaries to provide financial support for conferences and certification exams. OPANA supports the National Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses of Canada Standards of Perianesthesia Nursing Practice (2017) to provide a framework to promote the delivery of quality perianesthesia nursing care in diverse settings and for diverse patient populations.
Provincial membership includes membership in the National Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses of Canada (NAPANc).
OPANA environments include but are not limited to:
- Ambulatory Care Units/Day Surgery Unit
- Post Anesthetic Care Units (PACU)
- Pre-Anesthesia Units/Preoperative Clinics
- Special Procedure areas (i.e. Diagnostic Imaging, Endoscopy)
- Dental or physician offices
- Labor and Delivery Suites
- Pain Management Services
OPANA currently has 7 regions:
- Western Ontario (eg. Windsor/London/Kitchener)
- Northern Ontario (eg. Thunder Bay/Sudbury/North Bay)
- Central Ontario (eg. Barrie/ Orillia/Owen Sound)
- Greater Toronto Area/Mississauga
- Southern Ontario (eg. Niagara Falls/St. Catherines/Hamilton)
- Eastern Ontario (eg. Peterborough/Kingston/Ottawa)
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org