In 2012, Kim M Watson, the President of the CTNIG at that time, established the CTNIG Award just as we were to celebrate our 10th year Anniversary. The award was created to recognize the work nurses do to embrace, introduce and integrate complementary therapies into healthcare within Ontario.
No one embodied this award more than Darka Neill; not only was she the spark that created this group, she was our first President. It was due to Darka’s dedication and commitment to the vision and mission of this group, that it came into being, as well as her efforts brought the group forward to celebrate its 10th year Anniversary. The first award was presented on November 10, 2012.
This award will be presented approximately every 2-3 years to honour and recognize the efforts and work of a Registered Nurse/RN in Ontario who continues to work towards the recognition, introduction and integration of the use of complementary therapies.
- Current CTNIG RN member working towards the recognition, introduction, or integration of complementary therapies within healthcare.
- Current member of the CTNIG - minimum 1 full year of membership.
- Current member of the CTNIG’s executive are not eligible.
- Current CTNIG liaisons or committee members are eligible for nomination.
- CTNIG members may be nominated by anyone, you do not need to be a CTNIG member to nominate a worthy member.
- Complete and send the “Nomination Form” by deadline.
- Send the nomination form one of 2 ways: via email or mail it to the address listed below on the form.
- Supporting narrative that addresses criteria (no page limit) are to include how the nominee is working to support, recognize, introduce or integrate complementary therapies in healthcare today.
- Additional letters of support (optional)
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2022