Spring has come and we look forward to warmer days ahead!
It has been almost three years since our last newsletter. We hope that now things are going back to our new normal that we will be able to put them out at least quarterly. Please see the attached newsletter.
Here are some snapshots of what you'll find in the newsletter:
- Executive network officer (ENO) reports
- Welcome to RetNIG's first student – Sarah Elkhalifa
- Call out for election positions: we need a chair-elect and a social media ENO. If you decide you would like to help us, rest assured you will be well mentored into the role. Please help us keep this interest group thriving. Questions? Email us at email@example.com
- Tuesday, May 9 Zoom meetup - topic is "Packing Tips for Light Travel" with Sonya Heath – stay tuned for more info
And other events to look forward to:
- June cruise planning in Kingston, Ont. (only if there is enough interest): We're trying to plan a three hour sunset dinner cruise up the St. Lawrence River on Saturday, June 17 starting at 6:30 p.m. Make it a weekend and bring a friend or two - if there is enough interest, we might be able to get a deal on hotel rooms! If you're interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RNAO Annual General Meeting (AGM) – in person this year at the downtown Hilton in Toronto. The AGM will take place from Thursday, June 22 through Saturday, June 24, starting with the opening ceremonies on June 22 at 6 p.m. and ending on June 24 with the closing speaker scheduled for 11:00 a.m. Watch for the RNAO email about the event.
- AGM Zumba Gold session – Saturday, June 24, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.: We'll be collaborating with the RNAO Staff Nurse Interest Group for this event, which will take place before the closing session of this year's RNAO AGM. Come dressed to have fun! We will Zoom the event for those not able to come to Toronto. More info to follow.
Please follow us on our social media sites and visit our website. All of our events are usually recorded and can be found on our website. We are active on
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/retnig.rnao
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RNAO_RetNIG
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/retnig.rnao/
- our website: https://chapters-igs.rnao.ca/interestgroup/60/about
We wish everyone a safe and healthy spring and hope all can enjoy the good weather ahead!
The RetNIG executive