To RetNIG :
I hope that you are well, as we continue to work through these pandemic times.
Once again the Registered Nurses' Foundation of Ontario (RNFOO who adminstrates a portfolio of scholarships available to nurses and nursing students) is seeking Reviewers for the Awards and Scholarships annual application process. This year we have 82 awards worth more than $100,000 to distribute.
If you have experience in nursing supervision and/or nursing education, have been a preceptor for nursing students or manged nursing staff would you be interested in helping us evaluate the applications that are coming in? With your background you know what strengths, skills, and knowledge are needed to make a good nurse.
Here are a few details about the review process:
- All applications are in an on-line data base. Reviewers are given access to the applications through the RNFOO website.
- There is a scoring rubric provided.
- Applicants provide a wide range of materials for evaluation including official transcripts, reference letters, statements about their experience and their goals.
- All applications are scored independently by a team of two people who then meet to determine their scores to submit. Each team reviews 12 to 15 applications.
- All reviewers who are new to the process are teamed with someone who has participated in the past.
- There is an orientation webinar for reviewers offered on February 1. A recording of the session will be posted in the reviewers resource area.
- After scores are submitted, they are collated and 'contenders' for awards are considered at the Review Panel Meeting. Teams are assigned to ensure that at least one member can attend this meeting. The Panel works hard to find the applicants that best fit the various award criteria.
Webinar for Reviewers: February 1, 2022
Applications distributed to reviewers by end of day Feb 9, 2022
Scores due from reviewers by noon Friday February 25, 2022
Review Panel Meeting: Thursday March 3rd, 2022, on Zoom
Thank you for considering this request. If you would like to participate, please contact the RNFOO office: email@example.com. If you would like to ask more questions, you can contact Marianne Cochrane , Vice-President, Awards & Scholarships Marianneecrn@gmail.com
Again, thanks for considering and if you know of anyone who might be interested, please share this information and contacts with them.
Marianne Cochrane & Heather Jones
Registered Nurses' Foundation of Ontario
7270 Woodbine Ave, Suite 305
Markham ON L3R 4B9
tel: 905-752-0700 or 855-415-2220 ext 261