Cost of Interest Group: $35; $17.50 free for undergraduate nursing students
Web site: http://www.oarn.ca
The Ontario Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (OARN) is the professional association for Ontario Registered Nurses or nursing students with an interest in rehabilitation. We are an interest group of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
OARN’s Mission is to:
- foster the development of rehabilitation nursing as a specialty within nursing and within the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team;
- facilitate the exchange of knowledge and information between rehabilitation nurses;
- provide a forum for rehabilitation nurses to network;
- represent the interest of rehabilitation nurses in Ontario;
- support initiatives aimed at trauma and injury prevention; and
- promote community awareness of the needs of persons with disabilities and/or chronic diseases.
We issue seasonal newsletters to keep members updated with news and trends influencing rehabilitation nursing, eligibility for the annual bursary award and at no additional cost membership in the Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (CARN).
Join OARN when you sign up or renew with RNAO
If you are already an RNAO member and wish to add OARN to your membership, please contact RNAO at 1-800-268-7199 (toll-free) or 416-599-1925 or visit www.joinrnao.org