CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST IN MEMBERSHIP Ontario Fetal Health Surveillance Committee (O-FHS)
This call of expression is being sent on behalf of the Canadian Fetal Health Surveillance Steering Committee (C FHS SC). They are looking to form a provincial Fetal Health Surveillance Committee for the province of Ontario.
The inaugural Ontario Fetal Health Surveillance Committee (O-FHS) is seeking applications from health professionals interested in volunteering for a minimum 2-year term as a committee member.
Purpose of the O-FHS
The Ontario Fetal Heath Surveillance (O-FHS) Committee’s goal is to create an interprofessional group of provincial FHS experts, whose focus is on promoting a culture of clinical excellence related to FHS.
The O-FHS will function under the umbrella of the C FHS SC. The O-FHS Co-chairs will maintain two way communication with the C FHS SC to ensure representation of Ontario FHS practitioners at the national level.
We are looking for interprofessional committee volunteers who are active users of FHS based on clinical practice, involvement in FHS education or research.
The overall composition of this committee will attempt to balance the following:
- Nurses, Midwives, Family Physicians and Obstetricians.
- Skills, expertise and geographic diversity.
- Representation from each of the five Ontario Health Regions (West, Central, Toronto, East and North).
- Differing levels of care (i.e., Level I, II or III)
- Involvement in FHS education.
- FHS Instructor status with the C FHS SC.
- A Francophone, or bilingual (French & English) committee member.
Objectives of the Ontario FHS committee
Promote and support the Canadian FHS Surveillance education program in Ontario, by:
- Promoting understanding and development of skills in FHS by implementing the Canadian FHS Curriculum throughout Ontario.
- Supporting FHS Instructors within Ontario to maintain their knowledge and skills in FHS.
- Recommending the creation of ad hoc working groups, as needed, to support FHS in Ontario.
- Making recommendations to address emerging issues.
- Participating in FHS planning at the national level by collaborating with other regional and provincial organizations.
Responsibilities of members
Members are volunteers and will commit to a minimum of 2 year term with an option to renew once.
- Active member participation is an expectation, by participation in meetings and/or online (email) discussions as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the Ontario FHS Committee.
- Highlight key FHS issues within the province.
- Providing education, guidance and support on the changes in FHS education based on the current and emerging evidence and guidelines.
- Bring forward FHS related questions and concerns.
Frequency of meetings
Meetings will be held virtually 2-3 times a year. All meetings will be conducted in English. Further follow up will be conducted via email as needed. Ad hoc meetings may be called by co- chairs.
Are you interested ???
To apply, please complete the Expression of Interest online application by February 23rd, 2021.
All applications will be reviewed by the co-chairs and successful applicants will be selected based on their expertise and geographical diversity.
Veuillez noter que les réunions du comité se déroulent en anglais. Par contre, des efforts seront faits pour qu’il y ait au moins un membre francophone (ou bilingue) sur le comité.